I pulled the trigger and updated to Windows 8.1 and first thing I was greeted with was a blurry, low resolution screen. What the? Do I did a bit of digging and found the fix. It has to do with DPI scaling which I would bet is related to handling tablets screens. Annoying. However, the fix is pretty easy. Go to ASKVG for the full explanation of the fix. Below are the key steps you need.
The users who are facing blurry, bold or hard to read font problem in Windows 8.1, just need to enable this new option and their problem will be fixed forever.
So if you are also facing this problem, just check out following simple steps:
1. Right-click on Desktop and select “Screen resolution” option.
2. Now click on “Make text and other items larger or smaller” link.
3. It’ll open “Display” settings page. You can also directly open “Display” window by selecting “Personalize” option from Desktop context menu and then click on “Display” link given at the bottom of left-sidebar.
4. Now enable “Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays” option and apply the changes.
5. Restart your system and your problem will be fixed.
Since Windows 8.1 is under development, it seems this new feature is not working properly in many computer systems. We hope the issue will get fixed in final version of Windows 8.1.