I have not really encounter this, at least yet, so I’m not bothered to do this, but then again, perhaps I do not use the type of applications that would flood me with iOS Apple ads. If you are, Apple has provided a way for you to opt out.
Here are the steps and links.. All from Apple.
If you do not want to receive interest-based ads on your iOS device with iOS 4 (or later), you can opt out by accessing the following link on the device: http://oo.apple.com. The message “You have successfully opted out” will appear and you will be automatically opted out of interest-based ads. You can always opt back in at any time by visiting http://oo.apple.com from this device.
Make sure you are using an iOS device running iOS 4 or later.
A few things you should know:
- You may still see the same number of ads as before, but they may be less relevant because they will not be based on your interests.
- You may still see ads related to the content in an application or based on other non-personal information.
- If you use more than one Apple device running iOS 4 or later, you will have to opt out from each device individually.
- Opting out applies only to Apple advertising services and does not affect advertising from other advertising networks.
- If you prefer that location not to be sent as part of an iAd ad call, you can turn Location-Based iAds setting to off on your iOS device at Settings > Location Services > System Services. If you need additional information on location services, see this article.
For more information about the iAd network, please visit http://advertising.apple.com/.