This post is more for a friend of mine, but what the heck..
ok, assuming you already jailbroke your phone, and have the app installer in place, let get some kewl stuff.
- IntelliScreen. I wrote about this app before. Its sweet.
- SMBPref. MUST have. Get this first in fact. Althoght I use the blueprint theme, the hello kitty theme rocks!
- address book search by polarbearfarm. A must have if you have a large address book.
- voicenotes. More useful then you think. I use it during brainstorming session that sometimes happen at random times.
- sketches. Not great pressure recognition, but useful at times, and shaking the screen clear is fun.
- snapture. I like the detail control you have over the camera. Can be useful in low light situations
- Customize. Does not seem to work past v1.1.2
- ebook reader. There are many. You would be surprised, but its quite readable if you do not read for more then say an hour.
- there are a number of twitter clinets out there. I use mobile twitter because its the fastest I’ve seen. Although twitxr looks kinda cool
- Chess. Nuff said
- guitarist. if you play guitar, this will be fun.
- Band. This is quite an impressive effort. Its not ready yet, but you can download many instruments. Once they have it where you can record multitrack style and punch in and out, then we will have something here.
- BossPrefs. I use the basic one to quickly turn services on and off when I need to save power, I also keep ssh off, and bossprefs makes it easy to turn back on when I need it.
- RagingThunder. The coolest racing game for the iphone. period. Get it!
- VideoRecorder. VERY impressive. Lots of controls for light, sound, compression
- VNsea. I use this to VNC to my linux box late at night when I have long jobs running. Great!
- Pool. Nuff said.
- ssh support. If you know what I’m talking about, then odds are you will figure this out yourself.
so this is a quick list. There are other things I run on my iphone, like a 3D Quake like game that is not ready for prime time, a piano, replacement controller for ipod player, and other stuff.
the VNC app though. How cool is it to remote into your desktop (they have it for win and mac too) and contol it with your iphone?